Wake up (in comfort) and smell the coffee
The North of England and Yorkshire in particular, are booming in terms of inward investment both in the context of business and industry as well as directly into the leisure and hospitality sectors.
- “Cities in the North and Midlands dominate growth measure, with London only coming in 20th” - The Guardian.
- The government has pledged to “make the cities of the north a powerhouse for our economy again” and is prepared to invest significantly to make it a reality.
- The Northern Powerhouse has become so influential that there are now Parliamentary calls for the appointment of a Northern Powerhouse Minister in Cabinet.
- UK Jobs boom strongest in South Yorkshire and Merseyside (Jan 2019).
- Four Yorkshire towns named among UK’s top staycation spots.
- South Yorkshire booming with inward investment conversions at an all-time high with blue chip firms including Boeing & McLaren investing in the area.
- Leeds is the UK’s second largest financial centre.
- Leeds city region is the UK’s centre for innovative manufacturing.
- Leeds is one of the country’s most accessible cities with excellent transport links by road, rail and air.
- The city is considered an excellent gateway to the north of England, Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire Moors, Yorkshire coastline with the cities of Liverpool, Manchester, Newcastle and York in close proximity.
- Doncaster is one of the top 10 European cities of the future for foreign direct investment.
- The Doncaster i-port is one of the largest commercial developments with planning permission in the UK.
- Doncaster lands PGA European Tour development.
- The Doncaster Sheffield Airport is the UK’s fastest growing international airports outside of London.